The Redemptorists have a strong presence across Ukraine. The Redemptorists are also actively engaged in emergency responses in Poland and Slovakia.
The Redemptorists are/have:
- Opened their houses, churches, and halls as shelter areas in Ukraine for fleeing and frightened families.
- Implementing wrap-around care programmes for families as they cross the borders from Ukraine.
- Supporting and assisting and hosting refugees as they cross the borders into Poland and Slovakia.
- Delivering tons of medical aid to five different hospitals.
- Opened a care centre for orphans fleeing Kharkiv.
- Preparing and delivering food to the elderly, disabled in their flats and to families stranded in basements in besieged cities.
- Established a tested corridor for delivering humanitarian assistance into Ukraine.
- Accompanying families and offering spiritual solace as family members go to war.
To support the Redemptorist Solidarity work with Ukraine:
Donate to: Redemptorist Solidarity Office, Scala, Castle Road, Blackrock, Cork, or online at: www.serve.ie